Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [geometry] How can I Help?
From: Henry Roeland (henry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-25 13:39:12

Dear all,

First let me introduce myself: my name is Henry Roeland 37 years old and currently working as software engineer for a company that delivers maps to car companies like BMW and VW.
I'm working in the testtools team that is responsible for a map viewer and maptest batch tool.
Technics that we use are C/C++, Sqlite, spatialite and of corse boost.

Personally I have multiple years of C++ experience and busy getting up to speed with geometry technics in 2D. NeXT to that just started with studying advanced datastructures and algoritms like b+tree and r*tree.

Currently I see your rtree as a perfect candidate for in memory container/index/cache in our map interface. As I wrote in my previous email the feature that is not supported yet is paging. How can I help to accomplish this feature? Are there specs? Or am I the only one in favior of this feature?

I started studying your code and busy generating uml diagram of your code to get the big picture.

One remark is that I have to help in my own/spare time.

Hope to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Henry Roeland

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net