Boost logo

Threads-Devel :

From: Anthony Williams (anthony_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-24 15:16:07

> for quite some time I was not able to track boost thread development.
>
> Today after having updated my trunk checkout I was caught by the
> following unpleasant surprises:
>
> 1) After a short inspection it seems as if you have moved over the
> platform split to trunk. Yet it does not compile! Did you ever have
> tested my setup? I left it in a state of unfinishedness, and I am
> surprised to see it on trunk without comment.

Yes, I tested it. On my Windows machine it works fine for win32 (msvc and
mingw) and pthread-win32 and on my linux machine it works fine for
pthreads. I had to make several changes to make it work, but I felt like
I'd got there. What problems have you been having?

> 2) It seems as if quite some of my copyright messages have gone.
> While this is not harmful to the code, it disapoints me somewhat.

I've left the headers in on the files I touched that had them (e.g.
Jamfile.v2 and the platform split headers). I didn't copy the files from
thread_rewrite verbatim, as I've changed other stuff too - instead, I just
split the files on trunk using the same scheme. I didn't intentionally
delete any copyright headers, but if I have done accidentally, please feel
free to add it back in.

> I am trying to compile with a mingw setup and I am getting
> error: No best alternative for libs/thread/build/boost_thread
>
> Any hints?

Update to latest trunk and delete bin.v2. Modify user-config.jam to have
mingw set up, and type

bjam gcc-3.4.0

substituting the appropriate version number.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams
Just Software Solutions Ltd - http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk