Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] OpenMP support
From: rrossi_at_[hidden]
Date: 2011-11-17 15:12:04

Dear All,

 in my opinion a first step could be to parallelize the
SparseMatrixVector products.

On the other hand it does not make sense
in my opinion to parallelize the operators over the dense matrices and
vectors since this are used (at least by me) for small matrices (say
10*10) and within parallel regions.

greetings to everone

Riccardo

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 19:01:55 +0000, David Bellot wrote:

> no and
yes.
> So far we have no parallelization at all, apart from the implicit
vectorization made by the compiler. :-(
> Yes it's in the pipe but
honnestly, ublas needs to be transformed a little bit. I had a look at
how Eigen is doing all the vector/parallel/multicore things and we need
to make some change into the code base before doing that.

> Also have
a look at the numeric bindings in the boost repository, they give you
access to plenty of nice fast code.

at 12:04, Kraus Philipp wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm using a lot of
Boost UBlas structures. Does the UBlas structures use OpenMP? Is there a
support in the future?

>> Thanks
>>
>> Phil

>> Sent to: