From: Ronald Garcia (garcia_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-10 16:04:51

Hi Rene,

Since I tend to make the most changes to the home page (review
announcements), I would like a clarification on the policy regarding
updating it. The home page in particular is a tricky situation
because there can be three versions at any point in time:

1) The current boost.org homepage, containing a blurb about the
latest release and the most recent news
2) The page in the Release Candidate Branch, which contains the news
about what will be in the next version of the web page
3) The page that contains news about what will be appearing in the
release following the one in the Release Candidate Branch.

In the past, if I have made a modification to a library in CVS HEAD
and not in an RC branch, (meaning the change will not be in the next
release, but in the release after that), I have placed the news item
in the CVS HEAD index.htm.

So I have two questions:

1) Where should the current visible home page be in CVS?

2) Where should I put news items for the release after 1.34 in CVS?

Thanks,
ron