Subject: [boost] [git] Submodule's readme and logo
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-13 06:23:06

Hi,

In Boost.Geometry we recently added a readme file (currently only in
develop branch http://github.com/boostorg/geometry/tree/develop) and
some basic wiki.

 From one of the discussions (by Mateusz Loskot):

What I'd suggest is to create README.{md|markdown} file in root
directory of geometry repo:
have big heading on top

[LOGO] Boost.Geometry

The readme could also explain briefly what's around,
what is include folder, what is example, test folder.
and link to the main documentation and wiki pages.

GitHub has somewhat 'trained' people there always is a README file
(seehttp://tom.preston-werner.com/2010/08/23/readme-driven-development.html)
so many users expect to use it as a first contact with a project.

I believe having those files in all submodules would have a positive
impact on the GitHub community and the users. Furthermore the style of
those files could be more or less unified. Therefore I've prepared
semi-consistent set of logos for some of the libraries:
http://github.com/awulkiew/boost-logos. I decided to achieve the
consistency by using the Boost logo as a base.

Let me know what do you think about it. And don't hesitate to write
about your ideas or propose changes.

Regards,
Adam