From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-11-06 11:09:55

On Sun, Nov 5, 2023 at 1:10 PM Andrey Semashev via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Maybe there are other ideas how to avoid commits unmerged to master?

You avoid them by making sure to merge.

> what do you think about creating a GitHub Action to automatically merge develop to master once the CI on develop succeeds

No I don't like that at all because it implies that a Boost-tier
author or maintainer is not capable of the simple task of keeping
master up to date with develop. If they are not capable of that, then
I can't help but wonder what else they are incapable of. Will they
forget to write unit tests, or add documentation for newly committed
code?

If you want automation, how about sending a reminder email "There are
unmerged changes in develop which are at least a week old."

Thanks