From: Uwe Schmitt (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-14 07:30:28

Eric Niebler <yg-boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> I'm doing some performance comparisons between Rogue Wave's Regexp class
>> (http://www.roguewave.com/support/docs/tlsref/rwcregexp.cfm) and
>> boost::regex using simple expressions like "^metal.*" and "[0-9]+" with
>> regex_search(). regex is slower by a factor of 6, measuring cpu time
>> (on a SunBlade 100 runing Solaris 8). Is there anything I can do to
>> speed it up? I tried using different values of
>> boost::regbase::flag_type_ to adjust how the regular expressions are
>> interpreted, but with little effect. Any other ideas? (I'm using
>> boost_1_27_0.)

Hi, I downloaded your software and have a question concerning license.
I'd like to build a template-libraray for PHP and need therefore
regex-matching. I don't want to sell this library, I think I'll
use a BSD style licence. Am I allowed to youse greta for this purpose ???

Greetings, Uwe

--
Dr. rer. nat. Uwe Schmitt      Computer science is no more about Computers,
uwe.schmitt_at_[hidden]      than astronomy is about telescopes. h(Dijkstra)