From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-31 13:21:45

I agree that dependencies tables/diagrams are useful.

It was helpful to see the complete list of directly and indirectly
included headers for a particular file, however it is also important to
see the whole graph... not just the "flattened" version. Would
it be possible to output the header dependencies in some sort
of hierarchical view that shows this information? Perhaps
just run BFS over the graph and output the resulting tree
like this:

<boost/graph/adjacency_list.hpp>
   <boost/config.hpp>
   <boost/graph/graph_traits.hpp>
      <boost/utility.hpp>
   <boost/property_map.hpp>
      <boost/pending/cstddef.hpp>
      <boost/pending/concept_checks.hpp>
        <boost/pending/limits.hpp>
   <boost/pending/ct_if.hpp>
   <boost/graph/detail/edge.hpp>
   <boost/graph/detail/adjacency_list.hpp>
      <boost/operators.hpp>
      <boost/pending/integer_range.hpp>
      <boost/pending/iterator_adaptors.hpp>
      <boost/graph/detail/incidence_iterator.hpp>
      <boost/graph/graph_concepts.hpp>
      <boost/graph/graph_utility.hpp>
      <boost/graph/detail/adj_list_edge_iterator.hpp>
      <boost/graph/properties.hpp>
      <boost/pending/property.hpp>

Just add an indenting level for the distance the node is from
the root...

Cheers,

Jeremy

 Jeremy Siek www: http://www.lsc.nd.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Candidate email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 Univ. of Notre Dame work phone: (219) 631-3906