From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-13 21:58:35

Is the idea of building in the ability to dispatch to BLAS based on any real
measurements, or just the assumption that BLAS will be faster than anything
we can reasonably do in C++?
Jeremy's paper on MTL seems to indicate that involving BLAS is unneccessary.
Overgeneralizing is one sure way to kill a software project.

-Dave