From: kevin_vanhorn_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-03-14 17:57:35

I recently installed gcc 2.95.2 with libstdc++ 2.90.8 in order to get
the <limits> header so that the random library would work. However,
this has caused another problem: boost sees that I'm running gcc 2.95
and so defines BOOST_NO_LIMITS. This causes the concept_check library
to include <boost/pending/limits.hpp>, resulting in lots of conflicts
with the <limits> header.

1. Is there anyway to override the defines in <boost/config.hpp>
without actually hacking the boost source files?

2. Why not use a configure script to figure out what C++ features the
compiler/standard library support and so generate <boost/config.hpp>?
This seems to me a lot more reliable (and less work in the end) than
trying to keep config.hpp up-to-date and comprehensive.