From: David A. Greene (greened_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-26 16:35:41

Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

> Joel de Guzman wrote:
>
>>int2type and type2type are quite, umm, unclear.
>>
>>How about static_int<N> instead of int2type<N> ?
>>Syntactically, It's like static_cast that transforms
>>an int to a distinct static-integer type.
>>
>>Or maybe, how about: int_identity<N> ?
>
> The similar template in boost::mpl is called 'int_t<N>'. There are also
> 'bool_t<C>' and 'fixed_t<N,M>', if it helps to see the pattern.

'int_t<N>' looks to me like one is defining an integer type with

a specific bit width, not mapping an integer to a type. I got
very confused after reading Joel's message and your followup.

                                -Dave

--
"Some little people have music in them, but Fats, he was all music,
  and you know how big he was."  --  James P. Johnson