From: John Maddock (john_maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-01 05:43:50

> Towards that end, does anyone know how compatible the Boost libraries are
> with Green Hills' C++ compiler? It's an EDG-based compiler, so I'd assume
> their language conformance is quite good, but as I don't have the compiler
> (yet), I can't try it myself.
>
> I'm probably most intersted in Regex, Bind, Function, Smart_ptr, Tuple,
> type_traits, in case that's significant to your comments.
>
> Any comments appreciated!

We don't have anyone testing with the Greenhills compiler at present, so the
compiler config may be a little off, other than that you should have
relatively little trouble (see the config docs for information on testing
and/or setting up a new compiler config). The only thing that may bite you
is if the compiler lacks exception handling support - some boost libs can be
built without it (regex for example), others not. You're probably going to
have to experiment a little before you get too involved in your project.

John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/index.htm