From: Paul Mensonides (pmenso57_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-21 01:48:52

> Okay. I will do "bind.hpp" and "lambda.hpp" from mpl_v2.

Aleksey, I accidentally started working on "apply.hpp" instead. I forgot the
filenames and thought that sounded right. Either way, that file looks like fun
anyway, so I will finish it. Unfortunately, I got off work late today, and my
roommate needed to use the computer to write a newspaper article, so I ran out
of time. I will finish it up tomorrow.

By the time that I'm finished, the entire file should be significantly *cleaner*
as well. This is partly due to the lack of blackslashes (\) and the logical
separation that is enforced by the file structure.

I think you will like it. I'm going to make a test file that does nothing but
include <boost/mpl/apply.hpp> (the original version) and preprocess it with
Comeau C++. I suspect this will take quite some time. When I finish the other
copy tomorrow, I'll preprocess that and compare the results. I think you will
find the results to be startling.

Both the MPL library and the Python library both seem to make extensive use of
lists of various kinds, hopefully this will speed up compile-times massively.

Paul Mensonides