From: Paul Mensonides (pmenso57_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-27 05:43:04

Russell Hind wrote:

> Sorry to say that the output is now incorrect. A2 instead of A 2.
> Checking the preprocessor output for this gives
>
> /* Unit1.cpp 9: */int main() {
> /* Unit1.cpp 10: */std::cout << "A 2" << &std::endl;
> /* Unit1.cpp 11: */return 0;
>
> which is again correct. This is strange since I thought that bcc32
> was
> just supposed to call cpp32 for the pre-processing. I can submit this
> as a bug to Borlands QualityCentral if you like (but don't hold your
> breath).

:(

I'm not surprised, but I was hoping.... If they fixed this bug, Borland would
be able to use the "strict" configuration of the pp-lib. I'd still need the
same hacked configuration for Sun and IBM (they have similar bugs), but at least
Borland's wouldn't need it.

Please do submit a bug report. I think they've already gotten this one before
though, so I'm not holding my breath. ;)

Thanks again for the help,
Paul Mensonides