From: Howard Hinnant (hinnant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-13 10:20:34

On Thursday, March 13, 2003, at 02:24 AM, Daryle Walker wrote:

> 3. To the Metrowerks guys on this list, what is the difference between
> regular CodeWarrior Pro and the Dev Studio I got? The web site is
> somewhat vague, but I think the only difference is that the number of
> tools in Dev Studio is a subset of the regular version, with the
> common tools working exactly the same.

Developers Studio is a stripped down version of CodeWarrior Pro. It
only has CodeWarrior for Mach-O compilers and linkers for
C/C++/Objective C/Objective C++.

There is no Java support, no command line tools, no cross compilers, no
PEF/CFM compilers.

You still need to download the Apple developers Tools to use it.

Boost will have to configure itself differently depending upon whether
you are using BSD C or MSL C. BSD C is only available under Mach-O.
MSL C is available under Mach-O and PEF. MSL C++ will set
_MSL_USING_GCC_C or _MSL_USING_MSL_C depending on which C lib is
underneath.

Alternatively you can test for __MSL__ which is defined as the version
number if MSL C has been included, and for __MSL_CPP__ which will be
defined if MSL C++ has been included. Both of these latter version
numbers will always increase in value with time.

-Howard