From: Bo Persson (bop2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-08 13:29:29

<Schalk_Cronje_at_[hidden]> skrev i meddelandet
> I hate to have to bring these kind of things onto the list. Our legal
department has gone through the licenses in the header files > and have
issues with two modules - dynamic_bitset and preprocessor. Both cases are
related to the fact that below the
> copyright message lines such as

> // With optimizations, bug fixes, and improvements by Gennaro Prota.
> and
> # /* Revised by Paul Mensonides (2002) */
>
> appear. They have an issue with the fact in both cases the person in
question did not add an additional copyright message.
> Now, I am at odds and ends here as I am not a legal expert, but I am of
the opinion that the legal department is wrong in this
> case. Can someone shed some light on this?

No, technically they are correct. Improvements and revisions are owned by
their respective author.

Unless permission is given, you might only be allowed to use the original
versions. :-)

Bo Persson
bop2_at_[hidden]