From: Paul Hamilton (paul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-16 22:42:10

May I come with a bit of scepticism? There's already XUL (see
http://xulplanet.com for a start, and
http://www.mozilla.org/catalog/architecture/xul/ for more details).
I think Mozilla folks put some effort into it, so I wonder if XMLUI
offers
something new/better?
<<<

The main implementation of XMLUI predates XUL, just not in an open
source form. But since then I've taken a look at XUL, and had a go at
building some applications with it.

There are a number of ways in which XMLUI is superior to XUL. Although
XUL has had a lot of development work on it, there are some things that
make it unattractive (at least for myself) as a tool for developing
UI's for applications. Although it's great as a tool for creating
"Browser like" applications, especially ones that integrate Mozilla.

One of the major problems with it is it's lack of "independence" from
it's primary application that it is based on - Mozilla. This is natural
from a tool that "grew" out of the side of another program.

I don't think there is any problems with having multiple XML based UI
toolkits anyway. Diversity is a good thing :-)

Paul.
Paul Hamilton
pHamtec P/L - Software Makers
http://www.phamtec.com/