From: Jonathan de Halleux (dehalleux_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-10 08:21:08

Sure, there would be interreset for such package in a lot of engineering apps.

- I was worried about being limited to force, mass or acceleration. Can you
do compile time combination of units ?
Take this example, I have meters and seconds, I want to build speed (ms^-1)

typedef si_units<double>::meter meter; // meter type
typedef si_units<double>::second second; // second type

// i build a new unit
typedef divide_units< meter, second > velocity; // velocity is built from
meter/second

- It would be nice also to merge this library with a "physical constants"
like gravity, and others...- do you plan to support other units ? J, K, °C,
mol, l, etc...
- did you think about a-dimensional units ? this is very common in fluid
mechanics.

Hoping to see files on yahoo :)