From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-24 19:26:31

Doug,

> I'd like to add notes for the remaining regression test failures in
>libraries I maintain, but it doesn't seem that the file to modify is in
>CVS? Only the Win32 tests that you run have the notes.

There are two files needed. The actual notes text comes from
status/notes.html in CVS.

The other file (my local copy is named notes-map.txt) isn't in CVS. I've
sent you a copy in private email. If you are just thinking of one or two
added entries, you can just update the file and email it back to me.

I guess we could roll this out for wider use. It started out just as a tool
for me to keep track of what I had reported to maintainers and compiler
vendors.

I guess if other people would like to contribute I could put it in CVS. Not
sure if there should just be one copy, or win32-notes-map.txt,
linux-notes-map.txt, etc.

Any thoughts appreciated.

--Beman