From: Baptiste Lepilleur (blepctc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-29 13:09:59

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel de Guzman" <joel_at_[hidden]>
To: "Baptiste Lepilleur" <blepctc_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 11:53 AM
Subject: Re: 1.31.0 Release candidate 2 available - some nitpicks

> >>[...]
> >>I see no empty blank lines. Could someone else please confirm this?
> >

> > Line ending of all HTML files of spirit are of the form '\r\r\n' (just
look
> > at them with a binary editor). It's likely the result of a checking in
unix
> > file format from a windows platform (or something like that). You need
> > run some tools to fix line endings.
>
> That's actually the first thing that I did. Check out the link I
> gave [http://tinyurl.com/2tokp]. See if you can find double \r.
> As I said, I think the problem is with the zip file. The CVS version
> is clean.

You're correct, but the line endings of the CVS are already wrong. They are
'\r\n' (dos), but the cvs is running on a linux box, it should be '\n'...
When it get checked out on windows, '\n' becomes '\r\n' and therefore '\r\n'
becomes '\r\r\n'.

Running a line ending clean up tools to conform the local platform, and
checking the files back in would fix the issue.

Baptiste.