From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-14 10:20:33

Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

>Robert Ramey writes:
>> I don't see that this should be a problem. Just follow the instructions
in
>> the release notes:
>>
>> a) Download spirit 1.61 from SourceForge.net to a local directory. On my
>> machine its c:/spirit161
>>
>> b) Define (export) environmental variable SPIRIT_ROOT=c:/spirit161.
>>
>> The build/test jamfile set up is sensitive to the SPIRIT_ROOT
>> variable and will put it in the include path for those systems that
>> are known to require it. Right not that is msvc 6.0 and all tested
>> borland compilers. Other compilers just work with the latest
>> version of spirit from the CVS Tree. This works on my system
>> without any other special adjustments other than the above. So I'm
>> asking that the testers set up their environment as above before
>> running the tests. I don't think that's an unreasonable request.

>It's not unreasonable. However, before we do that, we at least need to
>figure out how to indicate in the reports that the MSVC 6.0 results
>are in fact produced by compiling against something else than the
>main trunk. This kind of mark-up is not currently supported and would
>require a bit of coding that I'm afraid we don't have resources for at
>the moment.

This is explained in the serialization documentation. I wouldn't think this
is interesting for the notes markup. I don't see that the above issue has
any relationship at all with the question of notes markup.

Regarding markup.

As far as I can tell, there is no simple way to specify a note that a
applies to all tests for a given toolset. E.G. All serialization tests that
depend upon wide character i/o under gcc/cygwin as wide char i/o isn't
supported there. E.G. All tests which depend up export on borland compilers
fail. E.G. All tests for msvc which use more than one archive class in the
same code module fail. These issues are addressed in the library
documentation. I don't see an easy way to fit them into the notes system.

Robert Ramey