From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-25 12:03:31

$0.02 on formal reviews, from someone who has been on the list for a
little while, but has not contributed anything to the evolution of the
library.

The biggest obstacle for me in participating in the formal review
process is time. I think the review timeframe is too small. I would
much rather have two or three reviews overlap by a week or so, with each
review having an extended time period. I doubt many of us have the time
or expertise to participate in all reviews. However, there are
occasions where we may have significant input.

I believe I could have contributed in a non trivial manner to several
reviews. However, by the time I see the announcement, download the
materials, go through them, and try to keep up with the current
comments, the review is over. I am so busy with work, family, coaching
(American) football, and other activities, that the review periods
usually seem too short (for me, at least).

As a result, by the time I am ready to give input, the review is over.
I do not care about the recognition aspect, as that would have no
bearing on my contributions. For me, time is the critical component,
and I just do not think the current timeframes are sufficient.