From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-23 07:46:02

Jonathan Brandmeyer <jbrandmeyer_at_[hidden]> writes:

> On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 16:06 -0600, Rene Rivera wrote:
>
>> True, but it will likely be easier to decide on the substance of the
>> logo without the text. No distractions that way. Not that one should
>> forget totally about the text. But it's much easier to think about what
>> can represent Boost, without the word Boost in it.
>>
>> So far I see three different concepts for logo:
>>
>> 1) The "<>" brackets.
>>
>> 2) The "++" operator.
>>
>> 3) The rocket.
>>
>> Perhaps discussing what the logo substance is before getting to deep
>> into the design is best?
>>

> I rather like the idea of using a rocket, because it symbolizes the use
> of Boost to launch C++ library proposals into the standard.

I like all those connotations. For what it's worth, we considered a
rocket for Boost Consulting's logo but dropped it because of possible
aerospace connotations.

> What about some variation of this for it? The rocket is intended to
> look a bit like the space shuttle's SRB's.

Oof. Looks like an ICBM to me. Definitely not the message I want to
send. And any rocket should be going up ;-)

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting