From: Beth Jacobson (bethj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-08 13:15:38

Peter Simons wrote:
> Beth Jacobson writes:
>
> > http://bajac.com/boost/
>
> It looks good! Unfortunately, the page doesn't behave very
> well when you display it in a small browser window. In my
> case, half the navigation isn't visible without having to
> scroll. The original Boost page doesn't have that problem.
>
> Also, when you display the page with lynx(1), the new
> version has the navigation coming _after_ the text, at the
> bottom of the page (which is bad), whereas on the current
> Boost pages the navigation is shown at the top. I suspect
> other text-only browsers will have the same problem.

I was going to wait and see what the consensus was on the menu size, but
this seems like a deal breaker, so I've shrunk them back down. (I assume
that will fix it.) I also made the links slightly darker as Rob
suggested. I'm not entirely satisfied with the resulting appearence,
though. If someone could suggest a color that's dark enough to be easily
readable but works better with the color scheme, I'll give it a try.