From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-07 15:56:10

"John Maddock"wrote
>>> Why BOOST_PQS_INT32? Doesn't the standard or Boost provide enough
>>> types for this without you having to define a macro? And even if
>>> not, why not use a typedef instead?
>>
>> I tried that but it wasnt acceptable as a non-type parameter IIRC.
>
> Eh? boost::int32_t is just a typedef for ... well int on most platforms, so
> sure it's usable as a non-type parameter. Using a macro for this looks just
> silly to me, unless you have a concrete example that shows otherwise?

Maybe. I started out using the boost::int32_t ( I started out using int, then
changed from there to boost::int32_t one day, which caused compile errors, but
what that situation or compiler was I dont remember). Anyway changing to a macro
solved this particular compilation error. Changing the macro to use
boost::int32_t doesnt currently cause compile errors, at least in VC7.1. Not
tested on gcc though.

If I find the exact situation, I will sure present it.

regards
Andy Little