From: Nicola Musatti (Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-29 05:56:52

John Maddock <john <at> johnmaddock.co.uk> writes:
[...]
> Regex:
> ~~~~~~
>
> These all pass for me here. The msvc-8 failure is only showing up on one
> machine and the link leads to no error messages. The Borland failures all
> suggest that the library failed to build, but there are no error messages
> and since all the other tests pass there is something strange going on here
> (as the library must have built!). Spurious?
>
> Serialisation:
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Spirit setup again.

Leaving the Spirit issue aside, there is a problem I described elsewhere whereby
several static libraries fail to build with the Borland 5.8.2 compiler since the
switch to Boost.Build v2 . I only became fully aware of this very recently: as
it didn't show up on the regression tests I had attributed it to quirks of my
own setup. Moreover as I used to look for build errors by grep'ing for
'[Ee]rror' in the bjam output I missed the fact that this actually doesn't
involve just testing, but also building the libraries.

I hope to be able to look into this as soon as the Spirit issues are solved.

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti