From: Martin Bonner (Martin.Bonner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-06 08:43:38

----Original Message----
From: boost-bounces_at_[hidden]
[mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Matias Capeletto
Sent: 06 July 2007 13:07 To: boost-users_at_[hidden];
boost_at_[hidden] Subject: [boost] [IBD] Help request, A Woman's
Point of View

> Hi,
>
> Joaquín Mª López Muñoz:
>> Just wanted to say you guys are doing a terrific job with this IBD
>> initiative. It's amazing how many people have joined in in such a
>> short amount of time, folks with various interests and skills, to
>> form a truly multidisciplinary team.
>
> Joaquin's post make me realize that we are not a _truly
> multidisciplinary_ team.
> We are currently lacking a woman's point of view.
>
> Is there any female Booster willing to help us?

Why? I mean, what is there that is specifically different about a "woman's point of view"? I can certainly see that an /international/ point of view is useful (a native speaker to get the grammer right, a non-native speaker to remove colloquialisms for example), but I really don't see the point when it comes to men/women.

Incidentally, why did Joaquin's post prompt the thought? Was it the use of "guys"? I was surprised when I first heard "guys" being used to refer to a mixed group of boys and girls - but that was 30 years ago, so the usage is pretty established.

--
Martin Bonner
Project Leader