From: Vadim Zeitlin (vz-boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-06 06:03:51

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 09:17:37 +0100 Alec Ross <alec_at_[hidden]> wrote:

AR> In message <fa28b9250707051129w2fec285s77c32c696a54dbcf_at_[hidden]>,
AR> Scott McMurray <me22.ca+boost_at_[hidden]> writes
AR> >On 05/07/07, Ninel Evol <myLC_at_[hidden]> wrote:
AR> >> Different topic:
AR> >> ================
AR> >> I read that some folks thought about the wxWidgets and the
AR> >> Boost (C-0x) team joining forces.
AR> >> I think that would be a marvelous idea!
AR> >>
AR> >I think they'd come to blows, given how reluctant wx seems to be to
AR> >use any feature added to C++ in the past 17 years or so :|
AR> >
AR> I think that this is somewhat untrue and unfair.

 I'd say that it is out of date. We don't impose any requirements not to
use some C++ features any more in (upcoming) wxWidgets 3. But it's true
that we have to make sure that our code builds on a lot of platforms, some
of them with rather bad C++/STL support (for instance Windows CE or Symbian
still don't have the latter at all) and this still imposes some restrictions
in practice.

 Anyhow, we'd definitely be interested in collaborating with Boost
developers as much as possible. In particular, the ideas/feedback about the
new, better API for what we call wxTNG would be very welcome. Please post
to wx-dev if you're interested in discussing this further.

 Regards,
VZ