Subject: Re: [boost] [doc]Traduction of the documentation
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-20 05:20:20

Edward Diener wrote:
> Mathias Gaunard wrote:

>> `traduction' is not an English word, you probably meant `translation'.
>
> Before making such a statement you should peruse an English dictionary.

I did a quick check on wikipedia, wiktionary and google, and couldn't
find "traduction" as an English word.
I also asked a few native speakers which told me it didn't exist as far
as they knew.

So I assumed it either isn't one or that it has little enough usage that
a great amount of people wouldn't consider it to be.

> It is most definitely in my "Webster's 3rd New International
> Dictionary" for English so I would really be surprised if it was not an
> English word. The "Webster's" is not the OED but it is pretty good.

I suppose I was wrong then.
Still, I think using "translation" would be clearer.