Subject: [boost] Default variants on windows
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-08 09:14:22

Per:

we have a problem that the default set of libraries
build on Windows does not match autolink defaults, which
causes confusion. In that issue, John say that the only
sensible solution for Windows is to build all possible
variants by default (IIRC, a total of 6). I would like
other Windows developers to comment if that is sensible
solution. In particular, is it best to build all possible
variants that user might need, or build just the variants
that autolink needs by default, so that user can build other
later.

Note that I can add arbitrary explanation messages into
the build process -- both to warn the user that a scary
pile of things will be built, and to warn the user that only
couple of variants will be built.

- Volodya