Subject: Re: [boost] [1.40.0] OK to build release?
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-04 06:46:58

Beman Dawes wrote:

> There has been little feedback on the 1.40.0 beta release. I'm hoping
> that is a good sign:-)

Or users just don't do anything until it's really-really-final tarball :-(

We've just got a bug report on boost-users:

        http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.user/47346

that say that install, on Linux, does not work, unless you specify --libdir
option explicitly. 'stage' is not affected.

I am very sorry for letting this slip, but the question is what to do now. I've
already fixed the problem on trunk:

        https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/52754

How do we make this available to users?

1. Is release branch open now for all commits?

2. It is desirable to create new set of packages, with fixed
version of bootstrap.sh? Alternatively, should it be in some
'hot-fix' area?

- Volodya