Subject: Re: [boost] decltype and incomplete types
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-08 18:51:57

On 4/8/2010 3:07 PM, Daniel James wrote:
> On 8 April 2010 22:08, Daniel Walker<daniel.j.walker_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> I suppose it's fine to revert the merge. Some compilers are already
>> shipping with a std::result_of that implements the current draft
>> standard. So boost::result_of isn't so critical for these users.
>
> OK, result_of is back to its 1.42 state on the release branch.

Thanks. The change should also be applied to truck, otherwise, those of
us who use truck testing to know when to merge things to release won't
be getting an accurate picture of things.

> This
> reverts the fixes for:
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/862

Support for boost.lambda.

This bug is invalid to begin with. Lambda should be changed to support
the TR1 result_of protocol (which is standard), not the other way around.

> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/1310

Support for const-qualified function pointers.

> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/1535

Reduce header dependencies.

Forgive me if I'm sounding ungrateful, but why did you revert those
other changes? They seem useful. We only needed to select the TR1
implementation unconditionally. That's a much smaller change.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing