Subject: Re: [boost] decltype and incomplete types
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-08 19:28:02

On 8 April 2010 23:51, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Thanks. The change should also be applied to truck, otherwise, those of us
> who use truck testing to know when to merge things to release won't be
> getting an accurate picture of things.

That's probably true, although utility hasn't been the same on trunk
and release for a long time, I merged the result_of changes mainly to
fix that. I'll leave it Daniel Walker to decide what he wants to go
from here.

> Forgive me if I'm sounding ungrateful, but why did you revert those other
> changes? They seem useful. We only needed to select the TR1 implementation
> unconditionally. That's a much smaller change.

To go back to the last state that's known to be good, since they were
merged together and haven't been tested individually. If we're going
to use some of the changes, that should be sorted out on trunk first.
And I think I should have been more cautious about merging in the
first place.

It also made it easier to check that I'd correctly reverted the
changes, since changes to the different parts of utility can get mixed
up and subversion can sometimes be a bit nutty with merges.

Daniel