Subject: Re: [boost] Thoughts for a GUI (Primitives) Library
From: Cory Nelson (phrosty_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-02 14:07:26

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 9:11 AM, Daniel Pfeifer <daniel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 02.09.2010, 10:14 -0400 schrieb Edward Diener:
>> ... I personally would
>> prefer a modern C++ GUI based around Boost and any other modern C++
>> libraries as well as the constructs soon to be incorporated in the next
>> C++ standard.
>
> Who would not?
>
> If Boost had such a library, would anyone around here even consider
> using wxWidgets or Qt? Probably not?
>
> I think then anyone should agree that such a library could be useful to
> have in Boost.
>
> Whether it is worth the effort to create such a library is a completely
> different question.

Looking at the latest advancements in UI like Microsoft WPF, I think
it would definitely be worth the effort to bring a modern UI framework
to C++. We could do _so much better_ than wxWidgets, Qt, and GTK. I
think a better question is: could enough people agree on its design?

--
Cory Nelson
http://int64.org