Subject: Re: [boost] Respecting a projects toolchain decisions
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-01 04:27:54

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 11:51 PM, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 12/28/2010 6:00 AM, Dean Michael Berris wrote:

>>> OK you win on that one ;-)
>>>

>> ;-)
>
> Well... Centralized doesn't need to mean single point of failure. And
> there's plenty of industry practice in making centralized and fault-tolerant
> services.

Sure, none of which we follow at Boost at the moment IIUC. ;-)

I mean, really, when the server hosting the website, the subversion
repo, and Trac go down, where do we go? Is there some magical standby
machine that's going to kick in as some hot backup which mirrors the
whole Boost repo, Trac, and website?

--
Dean Michael Berris
about.me/deanberris