Subject: Re: [boost] [config] Add BOOST_NO_RANGE_BASED_FOR macro?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-09 14:28:55

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Marshall Clow <mclow.lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Jul 9, 2012, at 8:19 AM, Beman Dawes wrote:
>
>> I'm about to add Boost.Filesystem support for C ++11 range-based for
>> statements, and would like to include direct test cases for compilers
>> that have the feature.
>>
>> Is it OK to add a BOOST_NO_RANGE_BASED_FOR macro to trunk?
>
> Two options:
> 1) Can you just test for c++11 support? Range based for loops are pretty basic
> #if __cplusplus >= 201103L

Range-base for statement support is like all the other C++0x features
- they are being added to most compilers release by release. None of
the major vendors seem to be waiting until all features are ready in
their compilers.

> 2) If you have to add a config flag, please match the CXX11 naming scheme and call it something like
> BOOST_NO_CXX11_RANGE_BASED_FOR

We are using the BOOST_NO_CXX11_ scheme for header files only. None of
the 28 feature macros we already have use a BOOST_NO_CXX11_ prefix.

See http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_50_0/libs/config/doc/html/boost_config/boost_macro_reference.html#boost_config.boost_macro_reference.macros_that_describe_c__11_features_not_supported

--Beman