Subject: Re: [boost] Release managers: Boost.Thread breaking changes in 1.53
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-31 12:37:04

On 31 December 2012 07:40, Krzysztof Czainski <1czajnik_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I don't think it is. Many people seem to prefer the current behavior over
> std. So the idea I am suggesting is to leave the current Boost.Thread as
> is, so that people don't have to change their working code, and can still
> use the current version of Boost.Thread, preferably together with the new
> version. So I'm suggesting to prepare new Boost.Thread, that is intended
> forever to stay inside namespace threads2, and tell people if/when/why they
> should prefer threads2.

But so far *nobody* is volunteering to doing the maintenance work to keep
the current Boost.Thread implementation going. The people who find this
compatibility so important should be able to dedicate resources to making
it happen. And if they aren't willing to do so, that is pretty telling too.

--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden]>  (847) 691-1404