Subject: Re: [boost] Call for Review: Boost.Test documentation rewrite
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-03 12:10:23

boost_at_[hidden] spake the secret code
<52C6B3EA.40208_at_[hidden]> thusly:

>This says it documents version 1.22, but I can't tell whether that's
>just because Boost.Test isn't independently versioned and the last
>content update was in Boost 1.22.

It's the version of Boost.Test -- I think this should be 1.21 instead of
1.22, however. See <http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/>

I originally was working from trunk, but there's a whole bunch of
stuff that is in trunk that isn't in release so with this snapshot I
rescynchronized to the release branch.

>The develop branch has over 200 changes that have accumulated since
>2009, and as I understand how Boost releases are done it's this branch
>that gets the most road time, even though it isn't what gets released.

I really don't yet understand what is going on with this library in
terms of how it is being maintained and enhanced. Unfortunately the
maintainer is not very responsive.

>Or maybe those changes don't actually affect users at all, though the
>develop branch has commits that discuss a new implementation. I'm still
>pretty confused about how Boost.Test evolves.

Yep.

     The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
  Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>