Subject: Re: [boost] [boost, config, context, log, 1.58] address-model and architecture detection
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-04 18:33:50

AMDG

On 04/04/2015 03:53 PM, Beman Dawes wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 4, 2015 at 1:57 PM, Vladimir Prus <vladimir_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>

>> I'd appreciate if people test current state of master branch, and report
>> any concerns.
>>

> Without docs or examples as to what should happen, it is hard to know
> whether everything is working correctly.

Everything that worked before this update should
continue to work with unchanged behavior.

In addition, all of the following should work:

b2 [options]
b2 [options] architecture=X
b2 [options] address-model=Y
b2 [options] architecture=X address-model=Y

If either architecture or address-model is
unspecified, then the behavior will be the
same as if it were set to the compiler default.
(For msvc, this is specified as x86/32).

"Works" means that the libraries are built for
the correct architecture, although there's no
easy way to verify this automatically. The
best way I can think of is to write a trivial
program to link against the newly generated
libraries. file might also work.

If architecture and address-model are not
specified, they should not appear in any
build paths.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe