Subject: Re: [boost] [fixed_point] First presentation from GSoC 2015 and more
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-12 04:28:42

<big snip>

> I'm a bit surprised I didn't see this work before.

This is it's first 'public' outing.

> Are you aware that SG14, the gamedev, real-time simulations, embedded
> software and financing study group for the standard
> is working on fixed point real proposal too?
> Here is a version of the proposal:
> http://johnmcfarlane.github.io/fixed_point/papers/p0037r2.html and
> http://johnmcfarlane.github.io/fixed_point/papers/p0381r0.html

We have referenced the first paper (see References section - or search the pdf for the authors name or p number),

but the second was too recent for my update process ;-)

There are a lot of similarities, but handling overflow etc efficiently without C/C++ access to the machine's carry bit looks difficult to me.

> I will notify SG14 in case they missed your work too.

Thank you.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow