Subject: Re: [boost] Boost Trac, random, No-Maintainer?
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-09 16:48:28

Steven Watanabe wrote:
> On 10/09/2017 05:22 AM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> >
> > Regardless of one's personal preference regarding Github issues, I think
> > that we all ought to agree that Github pull requests are infinitely
> > better than Trac patches (were much better even without CI, now it's not
> > even a contest).
> >

> To be honest, I prefer patches, because it means I have to deal with git
> less.

A Github PR can be merged without touching git at all. :-)

Apart from that, it's a toss-up; you have to git checkout develop; git pull,
then apply the patch (which is a single git pull in the PR case, download
the patch and 'patch' in the patch case) then test and git commit + git
push. The PR wins for me as there's no separate download step.