From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-09-24 08:50:11

Vinnie Falco wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 8:58 AM Bjorn Reese via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> ...online parser...
>> A push parser (SAX)...
>> A tree parser (DOM)

Real-soon-now we'll have coroutines, and the two parties
(the parser and its user) won't have to choose anymore about
who pushes and who pulls.

 From the perspective of Boost, I'd love to see an exploration
of how to solve design problems like this in more of a "modern
C++ style". For example, quoting from Dominique Devienne's
message:

virtual bool handle_number(int);
virtual bool handle_number(int64_t);
virtual bool handle_number(uint64_t);
virtual bool handle_number(double value);
virtual bool handle_string(const std::string& value);
virtual bool handle_boolean(bool value);
virtual bool handle_null();

Rather than that, how about a co-routine that yields a variant
of those types?

Regards, Phil.