Boost logo

Boost :

From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-07-02 18:23:08

On 7/2/20 8:38 AM, Mathias Gaunard via Boost wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 16:21, Richard Hodges via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> At the present time, Chris is working to finalise some significant changes
>> to Asio. These changes have required some refactoring of Boost.Beast at
>> short notice in order to continue to provide a functioning library.
> I don't think those changes should be rushed.
> If Boost.Asio is causing breakage across other Boost libraries, then
> the best thing to do is to delay the Boost.Asio changes.

I agree with this. We have a good mechanism for handling this. The
ASIO changes can go into the develop branch. Matching beast changes can
go there as well. Then everthing can be tested/fixed without time
constraints. When, when only when, things are fine on the develop
branch, changes can be merged all at once to master.

This will mean that users will be 3 months behind the bleeding edge. In
my opinion, this is not a bad place to be.

> Also if Boost.Beast is broken, there are chances other users outside
> of Boost will be broken as well, so maybe something to consider?

Right, and working under this sort of pressure, it seems pretty likely
that something will be broken.

Robert Ramey

Boost list run by bdawes at, gregod at, cpdaniel at, john at