Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] placement_new test failure under VC++8
From: Doug Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-16 12:00:56

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 9:47 PM, David Wolfe <dwolfe_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> A runtime error in one of the unit tests has been making it difficult to
> get continuous builds going under Windows.  I get about halfway through
> the tests and then a message box pops up containing the following text:
>
>  Debug Error!
>
>  Program: ...
>  Module:
>  ..rojects\boost\build\bin\tests\numeric\placement_new.exe
>  File
>  c:\projects\boost\libs\numeric\ublas\placement_new.cpp
>  Line: 63
>
>  Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'a' was
>  corrupted.
>
>  (Press Retry to debug the application)
>
> If I click 'Ignore', the rest of the tests complete, and my results get
> submitted to the dashboard; but this prevents me from doing unattended
> builds.

That's very bad; CTest should be disabling this dialog, because this
is going to happen often. Unless our tests are doing something to
re-enable the dialog?

Oh, and here's a really dumb question: how long did you leave the
program running with this dialog open? IIRC, CTest has an internal
timer and will kill a test after some number of seconds.

  - Doug