Boost logo

Boost-MPI :

Subject: Re: [Boost-mpi] non blocking collectives
From: Lorenz Hübschle-Schneider (huebschle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-21 04:11:54

Hi, Alain,

On 20/10/16 16:15, alainm wrote:
> There is a branch call globopt with your implementation, if you'd like to have a
> look at it.
> testing looks ok.

cool! I'm not currently working on any MPI projects, so I can't really test it
in-depth, but it seems to work fine with some of my old projects (which have
quite a bunch of assertions), too. But I guess that's not surprising given that
I used my version of that code before :)

> I'm looking if there are other places where we could use the same idea.

I have a somewhat hacky thing that also forgoes serialization under some
circumstances (and thus isn't generally safe) in
> https://github.com/lorenzhs/unsafe_mpi
but the *_serialize methods should be safe. I implemented them for gatherv and
allgatherv, due to the issues with archive sizes you mentioned I skipped
(all-)gather without the v.

Cheers,
Lorenz

Boost-Commit list run by troyer at boostpro.com