Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-11 10:21:24

Misha Bergal wrote:
> Rene Rivera <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>>And it has nothing to do with excitement. This is something I have a
>>personal need to do, i.e. I need for my business. I can't use
>>regression.py for my needs. So I chose to do some extra work, above
>>*my* requirements so that it could be used by Boost. on your machine.
>
> Make it a problem on _your_ machine :-). Prepare tarballs on your
> machine, use whatever you want to monitor that's everything is going
> OK. That would be very cool. I think Aleksey would gladly accept your
> help.

Sure that sounds like a reasonable first task for buildbot. Make it do
the on demand cvs update, and tar creation.

> It would be also helpful to discuss your plans in the context of
> 1.33.0 release. What are testing prioritites? I am under impression
> that you are saying that our main priority is to switch to BuildBot -
> our priorities list is on Boost.Wiki (http://tinyurl.com/5mk7l).

I'm sorry if I gave that impression :-\ Any switching is entirely up to
the testers, and the Boost community. I can't, and I wouldn't, force
things on anyone. I brought up what I was doing to inspire some
conversation as to where Boost could go in testing management.

As for 1.33, I'm not sure the timeframe would allow for all the testers
to switch to a buildbot configuration. At minimum I plan to run a
tester, using buildbot, to do Linux/GCC release builds. Perhaps we
should limit it to just my setup for 1.33, and if it works out OK we can
make plans to switch after that.

Priorities.. Here's a quick list of what I have on my todo list for
Boost.Build related things:

1. MacOSX CW building.
2. bjam include dir/file fix.
3. Getting testing to do the XML output directly.
4. Incremental testing.

> If you don't agre with stuff on this list or there is not much you can
> do about it, it would be a good idea to start with BuildBotting the
> tarball and XSLT reports, I think that would help us tremendously.

Sure tarball :-) XSLT sure.. Is it the boost_wide_regression.py script
the one you run for that? Or is it report.py?

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com