Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-23 06:57:19

Rene Rivera wrote:
> Douglas Gregor wrote:
>> On Oct 22, 2007, at 5:04 PM, Beman Dawes wrote:
>>> The critical message is:
>>> I'm holding off on doing any 1.35.0 merging pending a resolution of
>>> this.
>>> Is it possible to fix this? If so, how much effort is involved, who
>>> should do what, etc? We can workaround the problem, but would
>>> prefer not
>>> to loose the history of the files involved.
>> Fixed. I've moved the files back from the Attic and diff'd the
>> results to be sure that we have it right. We still have all of the
>> history.
>> The problem is due to some corruption in the CVS repository before
>> the conversion. The CVS->SVN conversion does its best, but somethings
>> things like this get mangled... anyway, we're fine now.
> OK, but Beman had already created the copy of tags/Version_1_34_1. So I
> guess we need to redo the copy? Or maybe I'll just try it... OK one
> can't copy to an existing location :-( Which means doing it as a merge,
> yuck, or doing it as a delete+copy.

Another possible alternative is to delete branches/release in the
repository. I've read that is possible, but haven't ever tried it.

I'll give that a try later this morning.

> PS. Why is it I always end up doing stuff that breaks assumptions?

Because you are smart enough to recognize that a failure occurred
because an assumption was wrong?


Boost-testing list run by mbergal at