Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] [EXTERNAL] Report generation frequency
From: Belcourt, Kenneth (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-03 22:28:07

On Feb 3, 2014, at 9:37 AM, Rene Rivera wrote:

On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 3:38 PM, Tom Kent <lists_at_[hidden]<mailto:lists_at_[hidden]>> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Belcourt, Kenneth <kbelco_at_[hidden]<mailto:kbelco_at_[hidden]>> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to increase the frequency that the test reporting runs at, it seems that both develop and master update on about a 4 hour cycle or so but I could be mistaken. Could I work with whomever is currently running test reporting to help increase the frequency and also get some pointers on how best to run the reporting scripts, I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

I'm running a crown job that kicks off every 4hrs on the hour (00:00,
04:00, 08:00, 12:00, 16:00, 20:00). I want to run it more but I have
some bandwidth constraints and even with rsync doing partial uploads
and downloads its still a lot of bandwidth. When I get a chance, I
have a VM running in the cloud that I was going to task with report
generation, so then I won't have any bandwidth constraints and can run
more frequently...not sure when that will happen though.

I'm thinking of starting to run them also.. I have an ISP account with unlimited bandwidth and space that I could use.

Oh, okay. How should we split up the times Tom's not running? I can take odd numbered hours (1,3,5,7,8,11 and so forth). Would that work?

Another idea, since the new report generator is pretty quick, maybe we
could set it up to run on the server (I'm assuming the XSLT wasn't
done there because of the load it would incur). Then as long as the
server is up we'll have good reports, and most of the generation
process is actually downloading and uploading data, so that would be
easier on the server as well. Thoughts?

I'm not sure about the fitness of the server. After a big reason we are moving away from using it was that is was overloaded. But it's something to consider. But, also, regardless, we want to have multiple people running these for redundancy.

Agreed.

A report script or command line for how to run would be helpful for me to set this up. I'm assuming we're still uploading under Rene's id to the ftp server?

-- Noel

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com