From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-23 11:20:36

James Hughes wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am cross compiling Boost to an embedded Linux Arm architecture. I reported
> a problem a week or so ago with failures in some of the libraries which I
> was unable to solve, and have a bit more information.
>
> One of the issues appears with the serialisation library. Although I am
> compiling for Arm, the serialisation libs end up as Intel X86 binaries, even
> though all the other successfully compiled libs are ARM. This then leads to
> problems elsewhere with libraries that appear to need the serialisation
> libs.
>
> I can only think that there is an issue with the make system to do with
> serialisation area.
>
> Anyone have any comments/thoughts?

Well I don't see anything that would make it not build with the same
compiler as the others. Are you sure it's not just a leftover from some
previous build? Could you do a build with the "-d+2" option to see which
commands it's invoking to compile? To verify that it's always using the
cross compiler.

> In addition, when I do a build to a particular directory:
>
> bjam "-sGCC_ROOT_DIRECTORY=/opt/montavista/mobilinux/devkit/arm/iwmmxt_le"
> "-sGCC=iwmmxt_le-gcc" "-sGXX=iwmmxt_le-g++" stage
>
> the stage folder is created, in which is a lib folder, in which are all the
> binaries (including the defective Intel ones). However, I would also expect
> some header files somewhere - should there also be a h (or header) folder
> next to lib? If not where are the headers I need to include in my apps using
> Boost?

The includes only show up if you do "install". Since you obviously don't
want to obliterate your system Boost install you'll also have to specify
the "--prefix" of where to install :-)

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything