Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Compilation warning level
From: Barend Gehrels (Barend.Gehrels)
Date: 2009-05-10 16:30:39

>> I noticed that many examples were removed from geometry_examples.sln?
>> This was probably because of those warnings? I think they should all be
>> there...
>>

> Yes, I've remove them but temporarily.
> The I removed all examples that did/do not compile for me.

I thought about this, it would be very good to lessen the dependancies
on external libraries in the samples. So let's use WKT-files instead of
SHP-files. I'll convert the samples I made. It's also useful for the
comparison programs.
For GD (used in some samples but less than shapelib) don't know an
obvious and simple-to-use alternative. GIL might be good but I heard
that line/polygon drawing is not possible in GIL (strangely enough for a
graphics library).

Regards, Barend